Trampolines on the market have many shapes, most of which are round and rectangular. Maybe you are still hesitating about the shape of the trampoline. So that’s why we wrote this guide.
Armed with our buyer’s guide, you can sail right past those fast talking round-trampoline salesmen and go straight to what you really want.
Our reviews will help you to narrow down your search even further to the one model that will fit your needs as well as your expectations when you make your purchasing decision.
With that objective in mind, let’s focus on a few questions concerning rectangular trampolines and what sets them apart from the rest.
Why do you need a rectangular trampoline?
Anyone who has ever used a rectangular trampoline and then been forced to jump on a round trampoline comes up with dozens of different reasons. Better bounce, better space, higher weight capacity, greater durability, and better acrobatics are just a few of those reasons.
Some users may simply suspect that all trampolines except Mini trampolines are rectangular.
What benefits can you expect from a rectangular trampoline?
Rectangular trampolines provide the best bound and are prized by gymnasts and trampoline professionals. The springs on a rectangular trampoline work independently, allowing for controlled takeoff and landing regardless of the jumper’s position on the jump mat.
In addition, rectangular trampolines tend to bear more weight than other trampolines.
What are some features to look for in a rectangular trampoline?
There are plenty of personal preferences and considerations to take into account when it comes to selecting the right trampoline to meet your expectations.
The frame on a trampoline is what determines how durable it is going to be as well as how it is going to hold up when it comes to weight capacity.
A strong frame will have smooth solid welds that cover the entire welded joint without gaps or burrs.
Along with frame strength, when it comes to your trampoline’s durability and longevity, is weather resistance. Powder coated galvanized metal on frames and springs will better resist rust and corrosion in wet weather, and damage from UV radiation.
While on the subject of UV radiation, a more durable and long-lasting trampoline will feature UV resistant materials in the jump mat, the edges, seams and stitching and also in the netting and safety padding. It is also an added plus if the trampoline you purchase comes with a UV resistant cover for when it is not being used.
Rectangular trampolines usually have a higher weight capacity than round trampolines. So if you want to weigh more than 300 pounds, you’d better choose a rectangular trampoline.
It is almost impossible to purchase any trampoline without the safety equipment as a part of the package. Safety equipment needs to be substantial enough to prevent user injuries from falling off or from injuries that are related to the springs or the frame of the trampoline.
Safety equipment needs to be well-padded and covered in weather resistant materials, especially UV resistance as it is the most damaging of all of the elements. Should you encounter a package without safety equipment included, you would be well advised to make that an added purchase as “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”
Given the features and benefits of rectangular trampolines which we have just discussed, you should be well-enough informed to know what you are looking for as you shop for a rectangular trampoline.
Top Rectangular Trampolines Reviews
1. Galactic Xtreme Rectangle Trampoline
The Galactic Xtreme Rectangle Trampoline is both ASTM and TUV tested for safety, quality of materials and peace of mind.
It utilizes commercial grade 11 gauge steel in its frame construction and 4/5 leg structure.
It has a user weight limit that is toward the top of the charts for trampolines at 550 pounds and its jump mat is non-abrasive per matron polypropylene with UV resistance.
And it utilizes longer springs for more give and bounce and includes shock absorbing steel frame padding and polyester mesh in the construction of its safety enclosure.
- Leg structure is essentially either 8 or 10 legs depending on the dimensions of the unit.
- Its weight capacity is up to 550 pounds.
- It has longer springs for improved shock absorption and bounce.
- Its jump mat and safety equipment are UV damage resistant.
- Five different sizes and a lifetime warranty on the frame and springs.
- You will pay a bit more for this trampoline than for most others.
- The only accessory included is a ladder.
- It is a little bit large for smaller yards.
A Great Choice If…
You have the room for a full-sized trampoline and don’t mind paying extra for high-quality construction. If you are on a budget and your yard won’t handle a large trampoline, you should probably keep shopping.
2. AlleyOOP PowerBounce 10’x17’ Trampoline
Two layers of high-performance springs provide the bounce for the AlleyOOP PowerBounce 10’x17’ Trampoline.
This is another Olympic-sized trampoline built to the high standards of ASTM quality and safety.
It’s built on heavy-gauge, galvanized steel, double-truss framing on four pairs of heavy-duty legs at the corners.
It utilizes two layers of high-performance springs to stretch a durable, UV resistant polypropylene jump mat.
It has a 7 foot tall safety enclosure made of weather and UV resistant materials.
- This trampoline has a powerfully built frame and leg structure.
- It meets and exceeds ASTM safety, quality and performance standards.
- It has a fail-safe safety enclosure for worry-free jumping.
- Its weight capacity is 350 pounds for a single jumper and 800 pounds overall.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty on the frame, 10 year warranty on the jump mat and 5 year warranty on other components.
• You might have to take out a second mortgage to pay for this trampoline.
• Assembly is time-consuming and tedious.
A Great Choice If…
You want the very top of the line when it comes to commercial and competitive quality in a home trampoline. If you live on a budget, this is little more than something you wish you could have
3. Upper Bounce Easy Assemble Spacious Rectangular Trampoline
If you are looking for a full-sized trampoline for your backyard, the Upper Bounce Easy Assemble Spacious Rectangular Trampoline is another option.
You can get maximum fun and fitness as well as height without worries due to its Fiber Flex Enclosure Feature.
It utilizes heavy-duty, rust-resistant galvanized steel in its frame and it sets on 4 or 5 pairs of “W” legs (depending upon size option).
This trampoline utilizes heavy-duty, galvanized coil springs to put a bounce into a UV resistant polypropylene jump mat.
It has high-quality weather resistant vinyl covered pads over the springs and the entire unit is easy to set up.
- Jump mat and safety equipment are UV and weather resistant for greater longevity.
- The Fiber Flex Enclosure Features allow for higher jumping with safety.
- It used to galvanize steel coil springs.
- It comes in 3 different sizes.
- Its weight capacity is 500 pounds.
- The leg support is a little bit lacking with this trampoline.
- The bounce of this trampoline is a little bit weaker than most users expect.
- Assembly does not live up to its easy billing.
A Great Choice If…
You are looking for a moderately priced full-sized rectangular trampoline. The bounce of this trampoline might be something of a disappointment to you if you do a lot of acrobatics.
4. Skywalker Trampolines 15’ Rectangle Trampoline
Rectangular trampolines for home recreation at a round trampoline price can be accomplished with the Skywalker Trampolines 15’ Rectangle Trampoline.
This trampoline is built on a framework of galvanized steel to resist wet weather corrosion and sets on four pairs of legs at its corners.
It has a no gap enclosure for greater safety and peace of mind.
Its jump mat is made of UV protected polypropylene and is stretched by galvanized steel coil springs.
It provides maximum bounce for gymnasts and athletes and is strong enough to allow everyone in the family to join in on the fun.
- The design and materials used in the frame and legs of this trampoline meet or exceed all ASTM standards.
- It utilizes reinforced T-sockets to increase stability and prevent structural twisting.
- The jump mat and safety equipments are UV and weather resistant.
- It utilizes galvanized steel coil springs for a bounce.
- This is an affordable trampoline comparable to round models.
- The weight capacity on this trampoline is pretty low for a rectangular trampoline at 250 pounds.
- Its springs provide a weaker bounce than expected from a rectangular.
A Great Choice If…
You want a rectangular trampoline for the price of around one. With the weak bounce and low weight capacity of this trampoline, you might as well go ahead and buy the round one.
5. Acon Trampoline Air 16 Sport
Better spring and matt dynamics provide for a better trampolining experience with the Acon Trampoline Air 16 Sport.
This is an Olympic size trampoline with the construction durability, spring action and jump mat quality you expect.
It utilizes a heavy-duty galvanized steel frame structure finished in powder coating.
Its jump mat is premium quality polypropylene with UV protection. Its safety equipment design and construction materials are durable as well as weather and UV damage resistant.
There are no single user weight restrictions on this trampoline and it is backed by 10, 5 and 2 year warranties for respective components.
- The construction quality of the 12 gauge galvanized steel frame.
- The spring and mat dynamics of this trampoline provide excellent bounce for acrobatics and gymnastics.
- It has the highest weight capacity on the market and will support up to three average-sized adults.
- Jump mat and safety materials are weather and UV resistant.
- This is an Olympic-sized trampoline.
- The price of this trampoline might be a little bit difficult to support on a typical home budget.
- The spring protection pads come loose too easily and expose the springs.
A Great Choice If…
You want a higher quality Olympic-sized trampoline that is on a level with competitive models. You might have some difficulty justifying the purchase of this trampoline simply for home recreational purposes.
6. JumpKing 10’ x 15′ Rectangular Combo
For smaller spaces that want the feel of a full-sized trampoline, the JumpKing 10’ x 15’ Rectangular Combo is a viable choice at an affordable price.
This trampoline is built on a durable galvanized steel frame and four pairs of galvanized steel legs at the corners.
It provides a greater jumping area at the same price as a round trampoline.
It utilizes a UV resistant polypropylene jump mat stretched by heavy-duty, 7” galvanized steel coil springs for a softer, higher bounce. Heavy-duty, UV damage resistant, polyethylene netting is utilized in the safety enclosure system.
- The galvanized steel frame on this trampoline is durable and corrosion resistant.
- The quality of the jump mat is up to industry standards and is UV damage resistant.
- It has galvanized steel coil springs.
- Quality materials and netting.
- This is a very affordable rectangular trampoline.
- The leg design on this trampoline is a little bit weak.
- Its weight capacity of 200 pounds is well under rectangular trampoline standards.
A Great Choice If…
You want a rectangular trampoline for the price of around one. If adults are planning on using your trampoline, you will need to pass this one up and continue looking.
7. JumpSport 10’x17′ StagedBounce
The unique frame design and bounce dynamics on the JumpSport 10’x17′ StagedBounce trampoline place it among the top contenders for athletes, gymnasts and acrobats.
This is an Olympic-sized trampoline with an award winning safety enclosure design and one of the most durable frames and leg support designs in the industry.
It utilizes longer and thicker springs with a UV resistant polypropylene jump mat for an optimum bounce.
- This trampoline utilizes a double-truss, heavy-duty frame made from powder-coated, cold-rolled steel, which sets on six pairs of legs.
- It has a highly innovative, award winning safety enclosure.
- It meets or exceeds ASTM safety, quality and performance standards.
- Its bounce quality with longer, thicker galvanized steel coil springs is second to none.
- Its weight capacity is 295 pounds for a single jumper and 800 pounds overall.
- It comes backed by a solid warranty: Steel Frame & Poles – 10 years (prorated), Springs & Jumping Mat Fabric – 5 years, Mat Stitching/Strapping – 2 years, Trampoline Pad, Safety Enclosure & All Other Components – 1 year.
- This is a pretty pricey trampoline for a typical home budget.
- Paint-chipping over non-galvanized steel frames could lead to corrosion issues.
A Great Choice If…
You are looking for a commercial or competitive level trampoline for your backyard and have the money to spend. Most homeowners will have some difficulty justifying the purchase of this trampoline for recreational use.
2 thoughts on “How to Choose the Rectangular Trampolines 2022- Buyer’s Guide”
Bardzo chciałbym założyć bloga, ale… Nie jestem pewien, jaki rodzaj blogów ma największy ruch? Jakie blogi przeglądasz? Najczęściej przeglądam blogi fotograficzne, kulinarne i blogi modowe. i Właśnie twego bloga dopiero zaczynam “obserwować” ps. Dobrze, że jest aktywne RSS.
Z szacunkiem i podziwem ślędzę twego bloga, uważnie czytam wszystkie posty, to jest dobra i właściwa droga budować dydaktyczne “mosty”.